Note: This is a temporary job opening for an initial three (3) months, with a possibility of extension. Estimated start date: as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications 22 October 2018
- Perform, under minimal supervision, a wide range of office and administrative support functions; provide direct assistance to UNIC Director and other UNIC staff members. • Provide assistance in the coordination of outreach activities, special projects and events; assist in posting materials on UNIC website.• Provide secretarial, administrative and logistics support for meetings, committees, conferences, etc; ensure timely distribution of conference documents.• Assist in the preparation of presentations and press materials using appropriate technology/software.• Maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for UNIC.• Update and maintain large distribution lists; monitor, prepare and distribute various materials and reports where possible using electronic formats; handle arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services, etc. • Respond to a wide range of correspondence and other communications seeking information material; use standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.• Screen phone calls and visitors; respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answer requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refer inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling; performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Work Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in general office support or related area is required. Experience drafting correspondence, meetings notes and reports in English is required. Experience utilising office productivity software such as Microsoft Office Suite or similar is required. Experience working in public information, communications, and public relations or similar is desirable. Experience responding to customer inquiries is desirable.
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official United Nations languages is an advantage.
Salary information can be obtained here;
Full details and how to apply:
- Go to https://careers.un.org/
- Click the “Login” tab to access the Inspira talent management system.
- Click “Create account here” to create a User ID and a Password.
- Complete all the fields marked with an asterisk (*) on the “External Applicant
Registration” form and click the “Register” button.
- If you are not automatically logged in, return to https://careers.un.org/ and click the “Login” link.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click the “Login” button
- On the main screen under “Search Job Opening” enter the temporary job opening
Number in the textbox provided; click the dropdown menu and select “Temporary Job Opening.”
- Click the “Search” button
- On the “Search Results” section at the bottom click the checkbox to select it; then click the “Apply Now” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit your application.
Please note all applications must be submitted through the United Nations Careers portal (Inspira).