A well established and reputable civil contractor, our client is now looking for an experienced and dedicated Estimator due an increase in workload.
Our client provides their services across works such as bulk earthworks, site retention, remediation, demolition, building construction, transport infrastructure, rehabilitation etc. so you will be responsible for contributing to the successful delivery of a number of challenging projects.
Typical values from $2.5 to $25m but can go up to $50m.
You will be part of a collaborative and positive team environment with a strong order book, excellent leadership and mentoring backed up by sound sytems and a great delivery team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining sub-contractor and supplier quotations and assessing these
- Obtaining labour rates, plant rates and other cost data for input into estimates and all other requirements of the tendering, contract review and job control procedure
- Organising submissions to clients for expressions of interest in consultation with senior management
- Preparing tenders/quotations and list exceptions and clarifications as well as reviewing tenders with management as appropriate
- Assist in searching / seeking for works in construction, civil construction etc
- Negotiate and agree project-specific subcontract/supply arrangements
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5 years estimating and tendering experience
- Expert Estimator, MSProject and/or P6
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or related field advantageous
- Proven experience working on projects valued up to $50M
- Exemplary technical knowledge and analytical skills within the civil and construction industry
- Proven ability to communicate well verbally and written
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, click on “Apply” to submit your resume. For further information, contact Lisa Feehily on 0450 302 738 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Shannon Scolyer on 0419 380 722 or via email to email@example.com or Sam Barnes on 0429 306 688 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org