Austal is The Australian Shipbuilder, global defence prime contractor and maritime technology partner of choice; designing, constructing and supporting revolutionary defence and commercial vessels for the world’s leading operators.
An opportunity exists in our Sustainment department for an experienced Waterfront Supervisor to join our Cairns Service Centre on a 3 month fixed term contract.
The role of the Waterfront Supervisor is to coordinate on vessel task completion, ensuring WHS/OHS compliance and delivering job closeout OQE.
Core duties will include:
- Assist with work list preparation for Cape Class service visits
- Plan allocated resources, materials and support required to support Cape Class Service Visits
- Conduct of safety and risk assessments
- Provision of pre-start briefings with identified stakeholders for Cape Class service visits
- Coordinate access to the vessel for maintenance personnel
- Onsight representation, coordination and oversight of assigned service visits
- Safety monitoring of activities during a Service Visit
- Accurate reporting of tasks
- Review of invoicing and time sheets
- Coordination and signoff of required task objective quality evidence; and
- Capture of lessons learnt from the conduct of Service Visits.
To be considered suitable for this role you must have:
- Degree or diploma in marine engineering or marine trade conversant with ISO 9001:2008 (essential)
- Trade Certificate (desirable)
- OSA Clearance (desirable)
- Fleet service experience
- 10 years of experience in the marine industry
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Understanding of organisational procedures, policies & guidelines; and
- Understanding of workplace hazards and safety.
If this challenging and diverse role sounds like the next step in your career, our Recruitment team look forward to receiving your application.