Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
As a Terminal Operator based in our Sydney Freight Terminal Chullora, you play a key role in ensuring the on time departure of trains and efficient turn around times of trucks from the terminal.
Key responsibilities include:
- Forklift and gantry crane operation.
- Shunting and train examination duties associated with arrival, departure, marshalling and preparation of trains.
- Inspection of trains and equipment during train operations.
- Ensure security and general housekeeping is maintained throughout the area of responsibility.
- Ensure Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) standards and obligations are satisfied.
You are passionate about safety and have the ability to stay aware of yourself and others in a fast paced work environment. You will have strong focus on customer service and excellent communication skills.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Current LF licence.
- Strong commitment to enforce a safety culture
- Be able to work in a dynamic 24/7 shift work environment with flexibility and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills and team focus.
- Hold a current motor vehicle license and have a good mechanical aptitude.
- Good customer service skills.
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We're looking for people who share our values of Safety, People & Teamwork, Customer and Performance, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 01 May 2018
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers