Terminal Operator - Morandoo
Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
We are recruiting a full time Terminal Operator to work at our Morandoo Depot near Newcastle. The role report into the Operations Manager and will work closely with our Shift Leaders and Train Crew to support the coordination, planning, efficient shunting and marshaling of trains within the terminals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Safely delivering the Customer Service plan
- Proactively work towards supporting & achieving safety goals
- Be committed to our customers needs
- Preparing Pacific National Services for departure, not limited to but including minor maintenance, brake examinations and pre departure checklists.
- Administrative requirements aligned to the role
- Stepping in as a Driver assist in line with the business needs
- Prior experience in train shunting and marshaling is highly desirable
- You will be looking to build a long-term career within the rail and transport industry
- A strong focus on customer service is a must
- You will have a passion for safety and be vigilant of your own safety and the safety of others in a fast paced environment.
- You will be comfortable and committed to working on a 24/7 roster
- You must have a valid drivers license
- Basic computer literacy skills required
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We're looking for people who share our values of Safety, People & Teamwork, Customer and Performance, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 28th February 2018.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.