- Play a pivotal role in the continued success of Origin Retail
- Evolving array of innovative energy solutions in key Sales and Sales Management role
- 14 month limited term opportunity
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Application close date: 30th May 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
The CES & NPC business is an innovative and fast growing business unit in Origin Retail responsible for the delivery of Embedded Network, Hot Water and New Connection energy based solutions into high, medium and low density residential and commercial developments across Australia.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented sales leader to join Origin's Retail Sales team based in Melbourne. The State Manager NPC & Embedded Networks (VIC & SA) is a key sales and sales management position for Origin's CES and New Property channel business in Victoria and South Australia.
Reporting to the Manager, NPC & Embedded Networks, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of sales staff that support the existing customer base in VIC / SA
- Driving the growth of the VIC / SA Embedded Network and New Connections business, including business development, supplier selection and on-boarding and stakeholder management
- Identifying new and existing Embedded Network and New Connection business opportunities in high, medium and low density residential and commercial building markets through development of relationships with services engineering consultants, developers, builders, industry peak bodies, owners corporations and other industry participants
- Developing and adhering to a detailed sales plan to gain maximum sales impact and meet agreed sales budgets
- Prospecting for and secure clients, quoting, leveraging existing relationships to maximise scope of sales
- Developing the technical design in conjunction with Origin suppliers and commercial proposals for each project
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to play a pivotal role in the success of Origin Retail in a rapidly changing landscape, while contributing directly to the CES & New Property channel business' continued customer growth.
Is This You?
To succeed in this role, you will boast a strong commercial acumen which you will combine with a clear understanding of the needs of end-use customers and contractors, as well as the technical and financial insight of the Embedded Network and NPC offering.
You will also demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering or Business discipline (or related), or alternatively, a proven track record of successful technical experience as an offset to a lack of tertiary qualifications
- Proven experience in managing the performance of an experienced technical sales team
- A successful track record of selling technical products into commercial or industrial customers and the proven ability to identify, introduce, and grow new business opportunities
- Experience developing technical design, operation and maintenance of commercial or industrial products and services
- Strong commercial negotiation skills and ability to manage business processes/relationships end to end technical expertise in Embedded Networks / Solar & Storage or New Connections technologies will be highly regarded
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
For more information contact Iain Pratt on (03) 8665 7325 or email@example.comHelp
Job Requisition: 64821