Austal is The Australian Shipbuilder, global defence prime contractor and maritime technology partner of choice; designing, constructing and supporting revolutionary defence and commercial vessels for the world’s leading operators.
Our Sustainment division now has an opportunity for a Service Coordinator to join our Navy Cape Class In Service Support team in Cairns for a fixed term period of 4 months.
In this essential role, the Service Coordinator, is responsible for the coordination of Navy Cape Class maintenance activities; planning, resourcing, materials, infrastructure, on-site management and completion of works within the Darwin/ Cairns area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the planning activities for ILM/DLM
- Coordinate the planning activities for Service
- Coordinate the response to all Survey and Quotes
- Coordination of work failure responses
- Coordination of Service Visits
- Ensure the safe conduct of maintenance work
- Ensure all work is completed to a high quality with all objective quality evidence loaded to AMOS 2.
- Contribute to identification of improvement opportunities to the Cape Class support system; and
- Support development and engagement with the Darwin/Cairns supply chain.
Applicants should be flexible, customer centric, excellent communicators, who will collaberate effectively with multiple disciplines across the business. We are looking for someone with:
- A formal qualification in maintenance management, a trade certificate, or Bachelor of Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in the marine industry;
- Knowledge of maintenance management practices of marine platforms;
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Understanding of organisational procedures, policies and guidelines;
- Understanding of workplace hazards and safety; and
- Strong time management and understanding of control processes, resource planning/ schedules and budgets.
Austal reward employees with multiple benefits; some of which include:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive industry salaries
Over 5,000 Austal employees worldwide benefit from a corporate culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment, flexible working conditions, training and development opportunities, genuine career advancement opportunities and competitive salary packages - and the autonomy and responsibility to achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
With our track record of success and an even brighter future, Austal is an excellent choice for anyone seeking a rewarding career in a dynamic, global industry.