The CPB Contractors Dragados Samsung (CPBDS-JV) joint venture has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $3.9bn WestConnex New M5. The New M5 is the second stage of WestConnex and will run in twin tunnels between the existing M5 East at Kingsgrove and new interchange at St Peters, providing improved access to the airport, South Sydney and Port Botany precincts.
With major work commenced in 2016, the construction scope includes the following:
- New twin tunnels which will more than double capacity along the M5 East corridor and provide motorway access to north of Sydney Airport
- A new interchange at an industrial site at St Peters, which reduces the impact on nearby residential areas
- Connections from the interchange to key roads in the area, including Campbell Road/Street, Euston Road and across the canal to Bourke Road
- Widening of Campbell Road/Street and Euston Road western tunnel entry and exit points at Kingsgrove.
The CPBDS-JV project is seeking applications for Safety Advisor to join the teams based in Newcastle. The roles will be responsible for implementing a safety system and culture, monitoring compliance and reporting to the project leadership team:
- Administer safety and compliance programs for project employees, contractors and visitors
- Conduct incident and accident investigations, audits and risk assessments
- Conduct routine safety inspections and monitoring work areas
- Build and maintain relationships with workplace stakeholders through effective stakeholder management strategies, ongoing engagement, collaboration and consultation.
- Prepare and maintain reports and documentation concerning the aspects of project safety programs
- Monitor and evaluate the project safety programs for value and effectiveness
To be considered you will have;
- Advanced Diploma Safety in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Safety Practitioner in Construction and/or heavy industry safety and high risk workplaces, Engineering or other associated functional areas
- Experienced in managing risk assessments and safety compliance and audits
- Experienced in recording, monitoring and archiving and producing routine written communications
- Experienced in supporting stakeholder groups and teams including communicating with frontline employees and first line managers
- 3 years experience working in a safety advisor/coordinator role
The New M5 is entering a peak phase of construction activity that will offer a rewarding experience and opportunities for broader skills development.
Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications, white card and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
To express your interest follow the below link today.