- Develop regional community relationships and engagement
- Support Origin's exploration and development of Beetaloo Basin
- Recommend and support mutually beneficial community projects
- Location: Darwin, NT
- Application close date: 31st May 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
Based in the Northern Territory, the Regional Relationships Specialist's role purpose is to establish and maintain deep and effective relationships with a wide range of State and regional stakeholders (including current and future host Traditional Owners, host pastoralists, the Northern Territory government and the broader regional community), to deliver a high level of community understanding and acceptance of Origin's gas exploration activities in the Northern Territory.
- Establish, build and maintain enduring relationships with regional community stakeholders (Traditional Owners, pastoralists, indigenous community, other local residents, community groups etc)
- Maintain stakeholder relationships through ongoing communication (both structured and informal) to keep stakeholders informed of Origin's exploration and future development activity across all time horizons
- Prepare key documentation related to Traditional Owners and landholder relationship management such as Exploration Agreements, Access Agreements, Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plans
- Support Origin's End-to-End process for the exploration and future development of the Beetaloo Basin and introduce other Origin personnel into the relationships developed as required (eg. negotiating and delivering access, agreements and compensation outcomes)
- Support the implementation of local and stakeholder projects to enhance relationships, support regional economic development for the mutual benefit of the community and Origin
- Lead and support the resolution of conflicts or issues to the mutual satisfaction of Origin and stakeholders
- Support the development of Origin's social performance framework for the Beetaloo Basin, with particular focus on securing local level agreements, and supporting local level training, employment and business / regional economic development outcomes.
- Lead and support ongoing discussions with the NT Government departments and agencies, Ministers, Unions, Industry Associations and the broader NT business community.
Is This You?
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role; supporting significant regional developments (ideally within the NT - with existing stakeholder & community relationships)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills
- Cross cultural communication and relationship management experience
- Regional economic development experience
- Proven relationship management skills
- Proven conflict management skills, ability to influence without authority
- Knowledge and understanding of the Native Title Act, Aboriginal Land Rights Act (ALRA), Sacred Sites Act and rural property practice, land management and land tenure principles
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrated strong analytical and creative thinking ability
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Make an impact on Australia's energy future
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
For more information contact Greg Higginbotham on 03 8665 7769
Job Requisition ID: 64441