- Senior Leadership of LPG asset integrity projects
- Financial & Commercial management of project development & delivery
- Location: Melbourne VIC or Brisbane QLD based role (with travel)
- Application close date: 25th May 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
Origin LPG is seeking a commercially astute Projects Lead with Asset Integrity exposure; to manage and oversee delivery of projects across our 60 LPG terminals in Australia and the Pacific (including 11 Major Hazard Facilities). Managing the Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) for identified major projects, you will oversee the implementation - in accordance with agreed scope and commercial approvals.
Reporting to the Group Manager Operational Integrity, you will take ownership of all phases of project development from scoping through to business case approval and execution, reporting to Steering Committee's and other senior stakeholders on progress and key deliverables.
You will be highly skilled in the following key areas:
- Lead & manage projects including: FEED (development, scopes), business cases, cost management, contract management and negotiation and construction.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders leading work streams across legal, contracts and procurement, real estate, people and culture, finance and external contractors/consultants.
- Develop and implement resourcing strategies for project development and execution leveraging across internal and external resource capabilities and availability.
- Develop and Lead Origin LPG's 5-year capital works plan, building a strong pipeline of future years' projects prioritised to maximise value to the business, manage risk and create alignment with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to effective project governance by reporting, monitoring, analysing and actioning financials, risks, programming and organisational implementation of projects to Steering Committees and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development of and influence the implementation of alternative commercial strategies and modes of operation to deliver performance improvements.
- Ensure sound communication, networks and positive working relationships are developed and maintained with all stakeholders both internal and external to Origin Energy.
Is This You?
- Recognised Bachelor degree level in an engineering, science or related discipline (RPEQ desirable)
- Proven significant Project Management experience leading delivery of concurrent LPG / Oil & Gas (or related process plant), operating and leading at a senior management level
- Highly developed commercial and financial management of engineering project delivery - Cost monitoring, budgets and forecasting
- Detailed technical knowledge of LPG Terminal plant and processes is desirable but not essential
- Proven understanding and compliance of Major Hazard Facility/Dangerous Goods Site regulation requirements
- Strong stakeholder management skills towards contract procurement and contractor management; highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written), comfortable reporting to senior executive managers
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Make an impact on Australia's energy future
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
For more information contact Greg Higginbotham on 03 8665 7769
Job Requisition ID: 64335