The $8.3 billion Sydney Metro Northwest is Australia's largest public transport infrastructure project currently under construction and a priority rail project for the NSW Government. It will be the first fully-automated rapid transit rail system in Australia.
As part of the Infrastructure Joint Venture, the two partners CPB Contractors and John Holland Group have collaborated to deliver world-class rapid transit services, which will provide customers with a safe, high quality, reliable, efficient and affordable public transport solution and meet the specified performance requirements on a whole-of-life basis.
We are seeking another member to join our dynamic Commercial team and to be a part of this iconic project in delivering state of the art design and innovative technology for Sydney's future.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong Building Finishes Project Engineer to join how Showground Station Team. Based at Castle Hill and reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, Building Works, you will be responsible for delivering the key finishes of our new state of the art underground station. This is land mark project with high quality and bespoke finishes works.
You will be the key contact in coordinating all the finishes trade on site to ensure the project is complete to the highest quality. Key finishes include but are not limited to; drywalls, flooring, glazing, cladding, hand rails, joinery, painting and furniture.
- Manage 1 x Site Engineer and 1 x Graduate Engineer.
- Procure materials and services from our approved suppliers.
- Monitor and coordinate site activities.
- Review and approve subcontract and supplier invoices and claims.
- Ensure that all finishes works comply with the plans and specifications.
- Sub-contractor Management
- Monthly Cost Tracking
- Three (3) week look ahead programming
- Ensure site safety is followed
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A strong building background with experience working in finishes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Project Engineer.
- A genuine commitment to strong WH&S culture and values.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
What's on Offer?
At North West Rapid Transit our project team work hard, and continuously strive for improvement. As a part of the team, you will receive the following;
- An opportunity to be part of an iconic project team, who are delivering this world class complex rail system to Sydney.
- Exposure to experts and leading professionals in the engineering and construction industry.
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced collaborative and creative environment, supporting various organisations and the NSW Government.
- Fantastic career development opportunities.
- Be part of the construction and delivery of Sydney Metro Phase 1.
If this sounds like you, don't waste time and apply below.
Please note: this role is being sourced through North West Rapid Transit directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.