- Opportunity to lead & build a thriving team & shape the future of Origin
- Fast paced, highly engaged & growing Cyber team
- Iconic Australian brand embracing the latest in Technology
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 6th May 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia – in the field, as well as in the office – or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
There are a number of business trends within Origin and in the energy industry that create the need for increased focus on effective cyber security risk management: such as new online services, cloud and DevOps operations, digitisation of the business, IT / OT technology convergence and regulatory changes.
The IT Risk and Information Security team are highly engaged and the team culture is rated top quartile. The leaders are focused on building a highly capable and flexible in-house security team with a strong emphasis on cross skilling and empowering you to do your best. They work with start-ups and other innovation hubs inside and outside of Origin to find the best and most innovative ways to secure business solutions. They collaborate with government agencies, JCSC and other companies to improve the overall security eco system in Australian.
The key focus area of this role is to provide Security Operations services to protect critical Operational Technology (OT) assets within our business. This includes the deployment and operation of standardised security monitoring, threat management, vulnerability management or similar security services to protect OT systems where this is feasible. This role is with the Security Operations function that is part of the broader Origin Cyber Security Team.
You'll be expected to:
- Focus on the protection of Origin's Operational Technology (OT) assets such as networks and systems related to electricity generation and gas production
- Leverage existing IT security controls and processes and deploy them into the OT environment where this is feasible
- Adjustment of IT security controls and tunning of policies to minimise any adverse impacts to OT operations
- Assist in implementing and operating bespoke OT security controls where this is necessary
- Work closely with the nominated OT Security Manager within the business to review and prioritise security alerts, incidents, threats, vulnerabilities or any other OT security related issues
- Integrate OT related asset, vulnerability and threat information with the broader Origin security monitoring processes
- Triage OT related alerts, events and incidents and apply the Origin security incident response process where required
- Maintain high quality documentation of Origin's cyber security systems (including processes, procedures, and technologies). Assist in security remediation activities
Is This You?
You enjoy and have worked in a fast paced, diverse and collaborative environment, where no day is the same. Ideally you are able to communicate at all levels, are able to influence at a very senior level.
You will have experience in:
- Working in large organisations with a hybrid technology outsourcing / co-sourcing model
- IT or OT security and have worked with a variety of control systems for a number of years
- Analytical skills with the ability to translate data into valuable information for management
- Vulnerability assessment and understanding of penetration testing techniques
- SIEM and use case development (including development of other security-alerting-related policies)
- Passion in security automation also desirable
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Make an impact on Australia's Energy Future
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
Job Requisition: 63604