- Leave a footprint of your own on the road to a better world
- Excellent salary package
- Creative and engaging curriculum
This is not your ordinary teaching position:
We are St Joseph's Catholic Flexible Learning Centre part of the EREA Youth+ Flexi Schools Network. We provide young people with diverse learning experiences to guide them towards adulthood, employment, further employment and an increased sense of social connectedness. Based in Alice Springs, our St. Joseph's Catholic Flexible Learning Centre now has more than 100 young people enrolled and counting. Strong and consistent leadership, wisdom and guidance is the catalyst for everything that we do.
We now have an opportunity for someone to join our dynamic team as a learning and support teacher. In this key role you will
- Support staff while also identifying learning challenges and the needs of our young people.
- Devise strategies to include them in the classroom and bring these ideas to life to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensure that there is an effective communication about the needs of Special Needs Students and teaching to parents and classroom teachers.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the FLC's objectives and plans.
Our ideal candidate is a tertiary qualified secondary Teacher, with practical experience, ideally having worked with special needs. You want to draw on your creativity to create lessons that resonate in unique settings with our young people. You are able to form strong relationships with young people and have high quality planning and lesson delivery skills.
Patience, empathy and understanding are essential ingredients to succeed in this role, as is your ability to work with like-minded staff to collaborate, in the best interest of our young people.
You'll receive training in the Youth+ Practice Framework which aims to give young people their voice and agency by creating 'Common Ground' through a commitment to our principles of Respect, Safe & Legal, Honesty and Participation.
Joining us will see you helping our Young People into a brighter future than they ever dreamed possible. Apply Now!
To apply for this job go to: http://youthplus.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies /
Applications close 23 May 2018