- Geelong Victoria based - Ideal Work/Life Balance lifestyle
- ASX 100 global manufacturer - commercial explosives & fertilisers
- Competitive salary package - Great work place culture
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
Our Geelong Operations are located 80km south of Melbourne, Victoria. The site employs approximately 50 personnel with its major activity being manufacturing Single Super Phosphate (SSP) for use in the local pasture market and distribution to other facilities along the Eastern sea board of Australia and Tasmania. A full range of bulk solid fertilisers are also blended and distributed at these sites. The site is capable of producing over 250,000 tonnes of fertiliser each year.
Reporting to the Laboratory Coordinator this role will see you responsible for conducting environmental and plant sampling and efficiently generate quality results in a safe and effective manner.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations
- Perform daily environmental sampling and analysis, and develop summary reports.
- Complete non-routine analyses for various customers, ensuring reporting, quality and DIFOT targets are met.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and stock inventory.
- Develop technical capability through manufacturing plant exposure.
- Contribute to maintaining NATA accreditation, FSA system QA compliance, and EPA audit compliance
To be successful in this role will require proven experience within a similar laboratory role as well as hands on experience with process control. Other key experience and qualifications Include:
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Chemistry
- Understanding of ISO 17025
- Proven analytical skills and knowledge.
- Understanding of Laboratory Safety Requirements
- Experience with software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, SAP
- General understanding of environmental legislation
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organisation with an evolving workplace where you can be part of the change and future vision.
For a career with the Incitec Pivot Limited, please submit your application directly below.
At the heart of Incitec Pivot’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.