- Be part of an iconic Australian retailer
- Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
- Great career progression opportunities
Target is on a renewed journey, committed to bringing you quality products, and being the most trusted brand in the market for Australian families.
Part of the Wesfarmers family, this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward. The role will be based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Target is committed to providing an interactive and fully connected approach to our customers, continuing to offer products with the style, quality and affordability our customers expect every day through our network of over 300 stores and rapidly growing online presence.
We’re successful through the amazing people we have working for us and we’re proud of our commitment in supporting local communities and charities.
Part of Wesfarmers this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward, based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Areas You Will Influence:
- Manage company fixed assets to ensure they are capitalised to comply with accounting standards and company policy and ensure correct depreciation rates are applied
- Ensure accounting is completed in line with timetable requirements
- Complete relevant balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Budgeting and forecasting of company depreciation expense
- Monitor depreciation expense against budget to provide advice on variances for forecasting purposes
- Provide ad hoc financial reporting as required
- Proactive involvement with wider Target business to ensure a positive team environment
Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce or related discipline
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Demonstrated competence in disciplines of accounting principles and numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of accounting process, Australian Accounting standards, financial and KPI reporting
- Proficient spread sheeting skills
- Experience using SAP an advantage
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.