Operating across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia, John Holland is a fully integrated infrastructure, building and rail group. We offer our customers a total service solution, participating in every link of the project lifecycle from origination, financing and development, to design and construction, operations and maintenance.
An opportunity has become available for a Financial Reporting Manager to join our team based in St Kilda Rd, Melbourne. Our business offers our people exciting opportunities and challenges the potential for the right person is limitless.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountability for the group's compliance with statutory financial reporting responsibilities
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly financial statements for consolidation into parent entity's financial statements
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller in all technical financial accounting considerations relating to the John Holland Group, including evaluating the impact on the Group of amendments to Accounting Standards
- Responsibility for managing the fixed asset register of the group
- Overseeing the accurate and up-to-date maintenance of financial accounts of corporate locations
- Managing the Group's balance sheet reconciliation tool - BlackLine
- Co-ordination of the half-yearly and year-end external audit
- Reviewing the quarterly reporting produced by the regions and head office to ensure compliance with all financial accounting standards
- Providing financial information about the group for tendering purposes
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Tertiary qualifications (Bachelor level) in discipline relevant to function area including Finance/Commerce/Accounting/Business
- CA or CPA qualification and ideally post graduate qualification in business administration/business management or Commerce
- Demonstrated experience in a Financial Reporting Manager role in a major organistaion with similar responsibilities to those noted above
- 10 years' financial accounting experience.
- Experience in the construction industry, major industrial organisation or adjacent sectors to construction
At John Holland we understand that our greatest resource is our people. We pride ourselves on being a market leader in targeting training, career development and remuneration. We provide long-term career options within an equal opportunity workplace where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
John Holland is a wholly owned subsidiary of CCCC International Holding Limited (CCCI). CCCI's parent company, China Communications Construction Company, is a global leader in engineering and construction operating in more than 130 countries.
John Holland is an Equal Opportunity, Quality Assured employer.