Operating across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia, John Holland is a fully integrated infrastructure, building and rail group. We offer our customers a total service solution, participating in every link of the project lifecycle from origination, financing and development, to design and construction, operations and maintenance.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team based in Pyrmont, NSW. Our business offers our people exciting opportunities and challenges both in our regional office and project-based environments- the potential for the right person is limitless.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead a finance team to formulate and administer general accounting practices to ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business and provide reliable information for control and management purposes
- Oversee the preparation of financial information and reports in accordance with statutory and compliance requirements
- Ensure overhead costs recoveries are maximised and cost saving initiatives delivered
- Consolidation of project results and critical analysis of forecast information
- Promote a culture of business excellence within the finance function through governance, accountability, innovation, transparency and reporting against all established performance objectives
- Participate in, or direct the development of accounting methods, compliance and governance processes and practices and administer approved accounting procedures
- Maintain strong internal and external stakeholder management
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Tertiary qualifications (Bachelor level) in discipline relevant to function area including Finance/Commerce/Accounting/Business
- CA or CPA qualification and ideally post graduate qualification in business administration/business management, Commerce or Law
- Significant relevant management experience at a senior manager level.
- 10-15 years' finance &/or commercial experience.
- Experience in the construction industry, major industrial organisation or adjacent sectors to construction
- Proven track record of establishing processes and driving innovation
At John Holland we understand that our greatest resource is our people. We pride ourselves on being a market leader in targeting training, career development and remuneration. We provide long-term career options within an equal opportunity workplace where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
John Holland is a wholly owned subsidiary of CCCC International Holding Limited (CCCI). CCCI's parent company, China Communications Construction Company, is a global leader in engineering and construction operating in more than 130 countries.
John Holland is an Equal Opportunity, Quality Assured employer.