- Kick start your career with Target in 2018!
- Be part of a company with a family culture where you will learn and grow through experience
- Impressive salary, company benefits and bonuses on offer to you
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from talented and passionate retailers looking for a new management opportunity with Target within the ACT.
If you are looking for a new challenge that will stretch you, that will help you bring out the very best of your potential all while having fun - then this opportunity might help you get closer to your New Year resolution!
Part of Wesfarmers your role will be to lead sales and service delivery for assigned departments in support of the business strategy, performance targets and an outstanding customer experience in line with Target’s values.
Areas you will influence:
- Accountable for a safe workplace by identifying and reporting safety concerns and leading by example by maintaining a safe working environment and demonstrating safe working behaviour
- Own the induction, coaching and development of team members to create a high performing team with clear measures, development plans and support mechanisms
- Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation
- Effective performance management of direct reports to maximise potential
- Maintain high standards of merchandise presentation in line with business standards & customer expectations
- Manage merchandise through product lifecycle & seasonality
- Forecast, plan & prioritise daily work & resource requirements
- Generate sales and achieve margin outcomes
Skills and Experience required:
- Commitment to the Customer and the in-store experience
- Significant experience and knowledge in retail, fashion and fashion trends
- Strong ability to lead and manage a team
- Proven ability to drive and lead sales
- Motivated by setting goals
- Ability to lead change
- Change leader and motivator
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves in representing the diverse and multicultural communities in which we are a part of.