We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking a Senior Civil Estimator to join CPB Contractors Southern Region Business Unit (VIC, SA, TAS)
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Senior Civil Estimator will contribute to the effective delivery of estimating services through the professional preparation, competitive pricing and on-time delivery of tenders to maximize the probability of securing profitable construction contracts.
As a Senior Civil Estimator, you will be accountable for:
- Understanding the original project brief, scope of works, construction methodologies and head contract
- Produce measure, take offs, work pack estimates and cost plans using the agreed pricing procedures
- Develop new rates and pricing systems as design or construction methods develop
- Advise and assist during contract negotiations
- Being a mentor to other Estimators
- Working independently to prepare complete civil tenders.
- Taking on lead estimating role on large infrastructure bids including supervising 3 or 4 estimators and interfacing with overall bid team and management.
- Leading estimating teams of 3 or 4 large on infrastructure bids
- Presentation of estimates for management review.
Our minimum requirements for this roles are:
- Previous estimating experience on a senior level
- Operational experience in civil construction industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Building, Construction or equivalent
- Solid understanding of various construction methodologies
- An ability to work as part of a large bid team.
- The flexibility to occasionally travel interstate to work on tenders.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment