Our Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs.
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly acted as a Gold sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2015/2016. In 2015 the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and our Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
We are seeking to increase the diversity within our Tech Services Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Drill & Blast Engineer to contribute towards our expanding underground operations.
Reporting to the Senior Production Engineer, typical responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the site based technical services team and operations to deliver drill and blast designs for a large UG gold mine (>2.4Mtpa)
- Co-ordinate and manage an underground production fleet including two raisebores, two longhole rigs, three ANE charge vehicles
- Monitor drill and blast practices underground, liaising with production drillers and production charging personnel to identify production issues and compliance to standards
- Work closely with the operational supervisors and production schedulers to ensure daily, weekly and monthly targets are achieved
- Manage and supervise drill and blast business partners
- Work with technical team and operations to optimise production performance
- Co-ordinate drill and blast activities alongside the ventilation, backfill & geotech departments
Newmont’s Tanami Operations is a fly in and fly out mine site and is located in the Tanami Desert of the Northern Territory.
The position is a site based role offered on a fly in / fly out basis from Perth, Darwin or Alice Springs on a 8/6 roster.
- Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an underground environment
- Excellent communicator and team player
- A good understanding of longhole stoping methods
- Deswik experience is desirable but not necessary
- Underground time completed is desirable but not necessary
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current driver’s license, passing a police clearance and pre-employment medical.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for our operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring our performance against those global standards is an integral part of our current business practice and our long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment with the Traditional Owners we also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Our employees enjoy a generous salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
To apply for this role click on the Apply now link or go to www.newmont.com click on Careers then select the Asia Pacific region.