Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
Reporting to the Primary Distribution Centre (PDC) Superintendent this role will see you partner with the site to help with the identification, development and deployment of customer focused improvement initiatives in the PDC. On a daily basis, you will analyse complex problems and look at ways to streamline processes and eliminate activities which do not add value. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide planning and management capability for resolution of customer related CI opportunities and escalated service issues.
- Identify and lead planning effectiveness activities through the identification and implementation of organisational focused improvement
- Lead the implementation of lean principles through the IPL business improvement system at the work group level
- Align stock forecasts with planned inventory position to satisfy minimum product storage requirements required to comply with DOH
- Develop short and medium-term plans to ensure assets are available to satisfy customer demand and maintenance activities are executed as per the PM schedule in consultation with PDC Supervisors
This position will see you draw upon your experience in a Planning and/or Continuous Improvement role and use your first class influencing and communication skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives. Distinguished from your peer’s due to your ability to think and contribute both strategically and operationally. Other desired skills and experience include:
- Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics – Warehousing & Storage or equivalent (desirable)
- Permit to Work Authority, HSE systems (including SHAERS), SAP
- Demonstrated competence in working collaboratively particularly with other functional areas and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated change management experience and a track record of increasing efficiencies/managing costs.
- Driving productivity through effective planning and continuous improvement.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organisation with an evolving workplace where you can be part of the change and future vision.By way of reward, you will be offered a competitive salary along with the chance to join a diverse ASX 100 company, operating in different locations and sectors and an opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation and contribute to its future.
To express your interest please follow the links below
At the heart of Incitec Pivot’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.