- Dynamic, collaborative and supportive IT Risk and Information Security team
- Location: Sydney, NSW and Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 10th May 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia – in the field, as well as in the office – or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
There are a number of business trends within Origin and in the energy industry that create the need for increased focus on effective cyber security risk management: such as new online services, cloud and DevOps operations, digitisation of the business, IT / OT technology convergence and regulatory changes.
The IT Risk and Information Security team are highly engaged and the team culture is rated top quartile. The leaders are focused on building a highly capable and flexible in-house security team with a strong emphasis on cross skilling and empowering you to do your best. They work with start-ups and other innovation hubs inside and outside of Origin to find the best and most innovative ways to secure business solutions. They collaborate with government agencies, JCSC and other companies to improve the overall security ecosystem in Australia.
Reporting to the Senior Manager (Enterprise Cyber Security Service) your role as the Cyber Security Operations Analyst is the front-line cyber defence against threat actors both internally and externally, and is accountable for ensuring a timely response to cyber security events impacting Origin Energy.
You'll be expected to:
- Support the security team in monitoring, analysing, and trending log data for many heterogeneous sources
- Perform routine alert management and provide Incident Response (IR) support in accordance to Origin's Cyber Security incident response framework
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis across incoming advisories received from Origin's various threat feeds / advisory partners (e.g. CERT)
- Perform impact assessment of threat, vulnerability, and other general information security issues and trends to Origin's information / technology assets
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Maintain high quality documentation of Origin's cyber security systems (including processes, procedures, and technologies)
- Assist in security remediation activities to support Origin's IT Service Owners
- Ensure effective and efficient operations and maintain a high standard of "health" and "availability" for Origin's cyber security tools
- Provide support for various improvement initiatives / projects to continuously uplift Origin's cyber security controls
- Maintain, operate and improve Origin's cyber security technologies and controls
Is This You?
You are able to apply yourself to not only to solving issue but also looking at better ways of doing things.
You will have:
- Worked in large organisations with a hybrid technology outsourcing / co-sourcing model
- Proven experience working in IT security services, including Security Operations
- Knowledge of Scripting in PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc. is highly advantageous
- The ability to manage security incidents from start to finish, and work collaboratively with different business owners to resolve security issues across different technologies
- Analytical skills with the ability to translate data into valuable information for management
- Vulnerability assessment and understanding of penetration testing techniques experience
- SIEM and use case development (including development of other security-alerting-related policies)
- AWS, Azure and Office365 security experience desirable but not mandatory
- A real passion for security automation
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Make an impact on Australia's Energy Future
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
For more information contact Nada Vidakovic on 02 9375 5633
Job Requisition: 63764