The CPB Samsung John Holland (CSJ) joint venture has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $2.7bn WestConnex M4 East (WCXM4E) project. As part of a broader scheme to connect Sydney's west with the airport and the Port Botany precincts, construction of the WCXM4E will join the M4 Widening at Homebush Bay Drive and provide a 5.5km tunnel with three lanes in each direction from the M4 at North Strathfield to Parramatta Road and the City West Link.
With major work already having commenced, the project scope includes the following:
- Twin tunnels with 3 lanes in each direction, spanning 5.5km in length
- On and off ramps for the M4 East tunnels at the M4 Motorway at Homebush, Concord Road at North Strathfield, Parramatta Road at Haberfield, and City West Link at Haberfield
- Surface road improvements including Patterson St, Concord, and Wattle St at Haberfield.
- Future proofing with the provision for Stage three (Haberfield to St Peters) ramps on Wattle Street
In line with the above scope and commencement of construction activities, the CSJ JV is seeking applications from Contract Administrators with a Mechanical & Electrical Construction background. The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Draft scopes of works and tender packages to accompany requests for quotations issued to subcontractors for projects
- Conduct initial investigations with subcontractors to clarify the project’s conditions relating to contracts
- Manage and drive the review process to ensure the award of all subcontractors within the required time frame and budget
- Maintain a register of subcontractors
- Operate and maintain commercial and contract systems including Project Costs Reporting (PCR), Asset Registers, Commercial Pack database and Contract Sum
- Minimise all subcontractor variation claims and elimination of claims where possible
- Ensure cost forecasting for allocated subcontracts and cost codes are accurately maintained and keep project management teams abreast of any cost issues immediately upon identification
- Interpret specifications and drawings so as to understand scope of works for the project at Head Contract and Sub Contract scope level
- Participate in identification and quantification of Head Contracts
- Manage subcontractors to ensure that Code compliance is maintained at all times
- Assess commercial and contractual risks involved in the delivery and implementation of the project, and identify/implement controls
- Check compliance and prepare reporting on commercial performance of the contract
- Process and recommend progress claims for work completed and refer disputed claims by subcontractors to the relevant manage for decision
- Undertake general business administration
- Perform all duties in accordance with CSJ policies, processes, systems and procedure
The WCXM4E is offering longevity of employment, the prospect for career development and the opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney's infrastructure.