Construction Lawyer – full time or part time role available
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking a Construction Lawyer with 8+ years PQE to join the CPB Contractors business to work on an iconic infrastructure project. Reporting to the Commercial Director and working closely with the Project Commercial team, you will provide frontline legal advice and support across the breadth of project upstream and downstream activities including procurement, contract administration and claims management.
To be considered for this role you will require the following skills, experience, qualifications and capabilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Law and current Australian practising certificate is essential
- Direct experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects either in-house or in a senior role at a law firm would be desirable
- Expertise in the practical application and interpretation of regulatory and legislative requirements affecting the various stages of project delivery
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of law in the specific practice area, including construction contracts
- Ability to prepare, review and negotiate complex written documents for procuring subcontractors, suppliers and consultants to the project
We know that some of the best have obligations which don’t correlate with full time project work so we are happy to see applications from experienced construction lawyers who require a part time arrangement. This is a rare opportunity to join a major project that is looking to embrace flexibility in the workplace.