- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Leading Gas and Pipeline infrastructure company
- Sydney, NSW
Bring your energy! APA Group is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses. As a part of the APA team, you’ll join a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As one of Australia’s ASX top 50 organisations we offer career and personal development opportunities, work-life balance, discounts, incentives and wellbeing programs.
Best of all, we are a bunch of great people to work with!
We have an opportunity available for a Client Accounting Manager to join our Finance team in Sydney on a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Reporting to the Manager, Client & Treasury Reporting, you will be part of a team that is responsible for all treasury back office and reporting requirements for APA and its managed investments; and statutory, regulatory, management accounting and reporting for APA’s managed investments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of half-yearly & annual financial statements for the managed investments;
- Overseeing and maintaining the integrity of the Client Reporting general ledgers;
- Liaison with auditors in respect to full year and half year external audits for the managed investments;
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial information on a monthly basis including liaison with Treasury, Financial Transactions, Accounting Control and state finance managers;
- Timetable preparation;
- Preparation of the annual budgets / quarterly forecasts for the managed investments;
- Assist in the preparation of board papers for the managed investments;
To excel in this position you will have the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Accounting (or related) degree;
- Extensive experience working in medium / large corporate environment.
- A professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent).
- Superior organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in consolidated financial statement preparation; and
- Experience in preparation of management accounts, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay abreast of company policies, accounting standards, regulations and statutes.
With a strong focus on achieving results, a collaborative working style and a values-based culture, APA offers you a career opportunity like no other!
If this sounds like a company and team that you’d like to be a part of we’d love to hear from you! Submit your application (covering letter and CV) by pressing the “Apply” button below before the closing date of 27 May 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.