A Chef de Partie or Cook will actively contribute to be part of an energetic and creative team. You will have a passion for all things food and take pride in being a part of an excellent dining experience for all customers.
Be a part of the opening for this exclusive venue with mesmerising ocean views. Offering a unique style of dining to cater for locals and tourists alike, this product is here for the long run. The venue offers casual dining around the clock with boutique products. A vibrant atmosphere ensures that this is the place to be for functions and events in 2018.
Salary: On Application.
Hours: Full Time.
Location: Cairns city.
Start Date: Immediate Start.
Hemingway’s Brewery are about to embark on a massive journey in Cairns. The opening of their 2nd brewery is coming in June 2018. Shed 2 at the Cruise Liner terminal is having a make over and about to become the only venue of its kind in our region. Priding themselves on boutique craft beers brewed onsite and accompanied with great food, a vibrant atmosphere and the best views in Cairns, why wouldn’t you want to be a part of this great adventure?
Requirements for Chef De Partie or Cook:
- Trade qualifications are essential
- Proven experience in a similar position
- High standards of professionalism
- A genuine passion for your trade
- Be a team player and have great time management skills
- Work well under pressure whilst ensuring the quality of the product is maintained
- Attention to detail
- Well presented and high standards of personal hygiene
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work as a team and independently
Responsibilities for Chef De Partie or Cook:
- Prepare and serve high quality products in line with recipe specifications
- Ensure that policy and procedure are followed at all times in the preparation and service of all products
- Provide consistency in the quality of dishes prepared
- Take pride in your assigned section, from prep to end of shift
- Have comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment and current food trends
- Management of stock, labelling of goods in accordance with hygiene and safety standards
- Act responsibly in the upkeep of the kitchen and kitchen equipment
- Be accommodating with customer requests including dietary requirements when required
- Ensure any faults, accidents or incidents are reported and followed up effectively
- Perform duties suitably in a fast paced, hands on environment
- Provide support to other team members
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards staff and customers
- Attend Meetings and training as required
- Uphold the company standards
- Assist in the development of a strong team
- Professionally present yourself with a good work ethic at all times
- Undertake all legal responsibilities involved
- Code of Conduct
- Company Policy & Procedures
- Equal opportunity & anti discrimination legislation
Staffing Solution have been leaders in the hospitality / recruitment industry for over 29 years.
We look forward to successfully placing you into your next role!
For you to be considered for this role you must identify as an Australian Resident / Citizen