Business Analyst, Transformation
Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
The Transformation Office is responsible for facilitating improvement opportunities across Pacific National. Reporting to the Chief of Transformation, the Business Analysts will work closely with central functions and the business units to analyse organisational and operational performance, identify improvement opportunities, and quantify the benefits of specific opportunities with finance and operational teams to populate our pipeline of improvements that will elevate business performance.
This is a business focused BA role, so we are seeking individuals who have strong business acumen, operational exposure and the experience behind them to be able to influence and gain traction in a maturing environment when it comes to Project Management methodology.
We are not seeking technical business analyst capabilities.
Working with the business across Strategy and Design phases, key responsibilities include to:
- Develop simple, centralised reporting with business units and IT to create transparency of performance across the business and support the development and deployment of cross business KPIâ s
- Prepare robust business cases and evaluate the link between specific business KPIs and value proposition
- Conduct deep dives into business performance, metrics and processes to understand, evaluate and quantify key business opportunities. Evaluate supply chain capability
- Understand existing frameworks and processes, uncover inefficiencies and opportunities
- Collate and analyse data
- Take seed ideas along the path to implementation for execution in the business
- Create benefits methodology including KPIs
- Populate the project in the pipeline
- Track and monitor progress and deliverables against defined KPIs Support the business in project tracking and delivery
- Prepare presentations and key reports to support the business units
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated business analysis experience, from an organisational business/design perspective, so that you are able to work in an ambiguous environment effectively. Additional skills and attributes required for the role include:
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Finance and/or Economics
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Ability to self-manage and communicate well across a broader business
- Strong data and statistical analysis skills across business process, financials and business improvement
- Business transformation and organisational level change experience desirable.
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non- financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We're looking for people who share our values of Safety, People & Teamwork, Customer and Performance, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 29 May 2018.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.