Your new role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of the Administration Assistant to the Executive Office is to provide administration and secretarial support.
This is a varied and active role with many ad-hoc related tasks, it would suit a self-starter who has the ability to plan their workload and manage their day to day responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with managing their own time, however it is encouraged that guidance from the Operations Manager is sought when required.
We are looking for a confident communicator who will develop a strong rapport with key internal stakeholders, including; the Office Managing Partner, Head of Finance & Operations and Shared Services Managers. The Administration Assistant will often be privy to confidential information, and it is expected that the successful candidate will be comfortable in taking on this responsibility.
Your Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong, internal relationships with key stakeholders;
- Daily support in relation to meetings and appointments, ensuring accuracy and efficiency for example room and venue bookings, catering, relevant documentation and any other meeting requirements;
- Updating of the Office Managing Partner’s diary upon request;
- Use of a corporate travel system to organise travel and accommodation for the Executive Area;
- Assisting with document preparation under the guidance of the Operations Manager for example;preparation of meeting agendas, the collation of documentation and meeting packs;
- Professionally answer and redirect calls, as well as take accurate messages as required;
- Posting and updating relevant documentation and information to the BDO intranet;
- Maintenance of the filing and archiving system (including electronic), to ensure filing is completed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Assistance with the monthly preparation of invoices and the client billing process;
Completion of monthly expenses for Executive Area;
- Completion of timesheets on a weekly basis for the Office Managing Partner;
- Updating of Office Managing Partner contacts in Outlook and updating APS (CRM) with relevant activity;
- General administration duties – including copying, binding, archiving, mail, arranging deliveries and ad hoc tasks as they arise.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Professional approach to work, maintaining total discretion and confidentiality
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-starter attitude and confidence at multi-tasking;
- Ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders;
- Commitment to delivering an excellent level of internal and external client service;
- Ability to act with initiative, and demonstrate a proactive and independent approach to duties;
- A ‘can do’ attitude that is enthusiastic and positive;
- Teamwork ethic and a collaborative approach to business unit operations;
- High attention to detail and quality; ability to spot duplications, inconsistencies and errors in work;
- Ability to actively listen and accurately follow instructions; know when to probe and ask further questions to finalise work.
Qualifications and experience:
- 1-2 years’ administration experience in a corporate environment, preferably in a team environment;
- Intermediate IT skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
50-60+ wpm typing speed;
- Secretarial or business administration qualification preferred.
BDO is the world’s leading full service audit, tax and advisory firm, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise capable of delivering on all of our clients’ needs. We realise that no two organisations are the same, and what we value most is the relationships we develop with our clients as we work with them to deliver on their distinctively different needs.
What we can offer you:
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.