Better Business Advice is a growing accounting and financial planning firm located in North Wyong. We are currently seeking a full-time accountant with experience in public practice.
About the role
Working alongside the firm’s partners, the position involves performing all or a substantial part of the compliance work attributed to a portfolio of SME and individual clients. This will include working directly with the client.
The successful applicant will be expected to have the appropriate level of skills to work with minimal supervision on the preparation of simple financial statements, taxation returns, BAS and bookkeeping queries.
While the role will have a strong taxation focus, opportunity may also be available to the successful applicant, to challenge and extend their capabilities to more diverse areas of small business advisory services under the mentorship of the partners
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will
· Have at a minimum 2 years full time experience in public practice (or part time equivalent)
· Have or be close to completing applicable Australian tertiary qualifications in accounting
· Interested in pursuing CA/CPA qualifications in the future
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to prepare quality work with minimal supervision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Have a strong attention to detail and ability to grasp concepts quickly
· Be a motivated team player
· Ability to apply knowledge and skills to different situations
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this role, please APPLY below with your resume. Only those candidates that fit the criteria above and are appropriate for the position will be contacted.