About the Company and Role
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.Palladium manages the Skills for Economic Growth (S4EG) program in the Solomon Islands on behalf of the Australian government. The aim of the program is to strengthen the capacity of the Solomon Islands’ vocational education sector
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from applicants interested in taking up a ten monthcontract as a Skills Adviser in Curriculum and Workforce Development, commencing in February 2018, based in the Solomon Islands.
The Skills Adviser in Curriculum and Workforce Development will work with partner training institutions to plan and implement initiatives that help develop the capacity and capability of all S4EG partner institutions to deliver high quality competency based skills programs. Specifically your duties will include the following:
- Participate in the development of new course/qualification development to ensure the relevance of national skills packages to labour market demand;
- Lead the process for the evaluation and/or revision and updating of courses, curriculum and resources;
- Lead the planning, utilisation and training for product development using the S4EG patented Futura learning management system;
- Provide in class or workplace support to Trainers delivering new curriculum and assessment systems;
- Conduct research and consult with key collaborators for curriculum and assessment development purposes, particularly around the resources required for the accreditation of courses;
- Source instructional material and develop outlines with the necessary details to direct instruction, including the review of training materials from a variety of commercial vendors;
- Implement workforce development initiatives to meet the requirements of trainer individual training plans aimed at developing their professional and technical competence, including organising training and development programs relevant to their discipline area;
- Manage, maintain and evaluate the effectiveness of workforce development programs and monitor and report on the impact and change in behaviours of trainers;
- Development and/or update training and development programs to ensure that they are current and make the best use of available resources;
- Manage the review and on-going customisation of the ITAC and TAE and other relevant training and professional development programs.
To be considered for this position you must be available to commence work in the Solomon Islands in February 2018. You should be a motivated self-starter with:
- Recent and relevant experience in developing and delivering vocational skills programs, curriculum and learning resources and workforce development;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent;
- Relevant professional and/or industry qualifications;
- Demonstrated knowledge in competency based training and assessment and workforce development practices;
- Ability to coach, mentor and capacity build trainers and staff;
- Demonstrated knowledge in teaching and student learning resource development;
Please apply online with your current CV, along with a cover letter outlining your area of expertise in terms of the skills above and addressing the requirements of the position.
Detailed position descriptions are available upon request at the contact details below.
Talent Manager – APAC
(07) 3025 8548
Footer Text1/ 2