About the Job
Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with assets on five continents including operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Founded in 1921 Newmont is the only gold company included in the S&P 500 Index and Fortune 500 and was the first gold company selected to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Regional site support is provided through Newmont Asia Pacific’s (APAC) Perth team which is located in modern offices in Subiaco where we provide support to operations in Western Australia and The Northern territory.
Reporting to the General Manager Operations Services the Project Manager - Tanami Expansion Projects will successfully deliver future Tanami expansion projects, safely, within scope, on time, to the appropriate level of quality and in budget in accordance with the Newmont investment guidelines. Projects currently in the portfolio include Tanami Expansion Project 2, Tanami Gas Pipeline and Tanami Power Station.
- Monitors and reports safety and environment standards and directs mitigation strategies supporting a work environment that is protective of human health and the environment in accordance with Newmont standards.
- Plan and manage technical and administrative resources to support the portfolio of projects.
- Manages and ensures completion of all Newmont Stage and Gate requirements for Stage deliverables, Gate peer reviews, application of opportunity and risk assessment practices, and use of Value Improving practices.
- Understand and manage business with risk management mindset to identify and manage risks.
- Directs the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling and construction by coordinating the efforts of the various internal departments, project team and outside consulting resources.
- Oversees and approves the development of proposals and cost estimates; estimates business needs including equipment, materials and personnel; schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside contractors; monitors budgets, approves plans and designs and resolves problems as they arise.
- Monitors all work in progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that designs are effective through the entire process; approves changes to designs or schedules as necessary.
- Provides expert technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with the design, engineering and construction of the project. Problems will vary in severity and require an advanced knowledge of project management to ensure adequate resolution.
- Provides expert technical assistance to operating personnel during start-up phase; including management of personnel.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering Discipline or similar degree and preferably additional management qualifications including project management.
- 15 years’ experience in diverse technical, supervisory and management roles in the mining industry, at least 5 of which should be management of multiple sustaining capital type projects.
- A proven track record in project execution (including experience with Brownfield projects) and demonstrated commitment to the successful implementation of the project.
- Demonstrated experience to input physical data and run financial models for mining related business is crucial to this role
- Ability to develop coordinate and implement Business and Strategic Plans. These plans are developed to deliver business results measured in produced gold, operating cost, free cash flow, profit, capital, LOM plans, NAV and return on assets employed.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the assimilation of Project and Operation’s Business plans, to achieve plant deliverables.
The role is Perth based with regular visits to the Tanami Operations and occasional visits to Denver as required. The time required on site will increase when the projects are in execution.
Our employees enjoy a generous salary package and a flexible work arrangement which includes 1 work day off every 4 weeks. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for our operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring our performance against those global standards is an integral part of our current business practice and our long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.