This position has a specific focus of Student Engagement.
|Job type||Temporary Full-time|
|Occupational group||Education & Training|
|Workplace Location||Cairns region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/FNR255751/17|
|Yearly salary||$114289 - $120879|
|Fortnightly salary||$4380.70 - $4633.30|
|Job duration||Until 30 June 2020 unless otherwise determined|
|Contact person||Margaret Gurney|
The purpose of the Student Engagement team is to identify students at risk of disengaging from Prep to Year 12. Following identification the team is required to assist schools to create and embed processes that prevent disengagement, support students to re-engage and assist with the development and application of corrective consequences.
The Principal Advisor, Education Services (Student Engagement) role:
- Communicates a clear strategic intent that reflects departmental and regional engagement priorities
- Leads the collaborative development of the partnership between the region and schools
- Assists schools to develop context specific school programs in response to their unique challenges
- Adopts innovative solutions to regional and school challenges
- Works with key stakeholders to create and apply consistent processes that align with departmental policies
- Brokers the sharing of effective practices across the region
- Provides appropriate professional learning opportunities for school leaders and their communities
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.