As the Principal Advisor, Education Services you will manage the activities and resources of the directorate to effectively develop and implement strategic policy and initiatives related to diverse learners, students with disability and student inclusion. You will also assess strategic issues and provide expert advice and support to the State Schools Director and members of executive management to enable quality executive decision making. This position has a specific focus of Support and Intervention.
|Job type||Temporary Full-time|
|Occupational group||Education & Training|
|Workplace Location||Cairns region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/FNR255752/17|
|Yearly salary||$114289 - $120879|
|Fortnightly salary||$4380.70 - $4633.30|
|Job duration||until 30 June 2020 unless otherwise determined|
|Contact person||Margaret Gurney|
|Contact details||(07) 4037 3899|
The purpose of the Support and Intervention team is to collaboratively empower school leaders to develop processes that enhance the quality of teaching.
The Support and Intervention team partners with school leaders to improve the quality of teaching by: developing teachers’ ability to manipulate the curriculum to meet student needs; employing high yield pedagogical practices; and altering the classroom environment to optimise student learning.
The Principal Advisor, Education Services (Support and Intervention) role:
- Communicates a clear strategic intent that reflects departmental and regional teaching and learning priorities
- Leads the collaborative development of the partnership between the region and schools
- Assists schools to develop context specific school programs in response to their unique challenges
- Adopts innovative solutions to regional and school challenges
- Works with key stakeholders to create and apply consistent processes that align with departmental policies
- Brokers the sharing of effective practices across the regionProvides appropriate professional learning opportunities for school leaders and their communities.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.