- FIFO role | Offshore or Remote Experience preferred
- 3 weeks on, 4 weeks off, 3 weeks on, 5 weeks off rotation
- Conduct Detailed Testing and Analysis in On-Site Laboratory
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, brings a combined history of research, development, and engineering (RD&E) leadership, a passion for customer service, and delivering proven results. Together, we partner with customers to develop customized solutions and supply chain support. Our combined expertise provides enhanced RD&E capability to develop unique, targeted products and solutions to meet customer needs, and to optimize production, reducing total cost of operations.
The Offshore Laboratory Technician is responsible for conducting testing and analysis on various substances and processing them in our on-site laboratory on an Offshore Gas Production Facility. This is a FIFO 3 weeks on, 4 weeks off, 3 weeks on 5 weeks off rotation with additional training days.
Preferred experience with the following types of Equipment & Analysis in a Gas / Condensate Laboratory:
- Pressurised Gas/Condensate Sample Cylinders
- Atmospheric Distillation for condensate
- Gas Chromatography (TCD, FID, PFPD)
- Reid Vapour Pressure
- UV Fluorescence (total S)
- Water by Karl Fischer
- Mercury by Atomic Fluorescence Analyser
- Mercury by Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- Total Hydrocarbons (IR)
- Total Suspended Solids (membrane filtration)
- Total Solids (Evaporation)
- Ion Chromatography (Anions & Cations)
- Wet Chemistry Titrations
- Hach UV testing methods
- TOC analyser
- Density (Digital Density Meter)
- Particle Size Distribution
- Flash Point Tester
- Dissolved Oxygen Testing (Orbisphere)
- Dew Point
Key Skills/Qualifications required:
- An individual qualified to degree level or equivalent in a chemistry based discipline.
- Experience with NATA or ISO17025 management systems
- Knowledge & Experience in use of LIMS
- Several years’ relevant industry experience with offshore or remote experience preferred.
- Ability to collect gas, condensate and water samples and perform a wide range of relevant analysis.
- Offshore Medical and Survival Certification.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously
- Strong client relationship management skills
- A hands-on approach and a can do attitude.
At Ecolab, we are dedicated to ensuring our associates are provided with an environment geared toward the recognition of achievement, growth, safety and well-being. We also offer our associates opportunities to participate in Ecolab stock ownership, health and well-being subsidies, study subsidies, product and service discounts, and the opportunity to champion community activity programs.
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting a diverse work environment to drive innovation and growth.
- Offshore or Remote Experience preferred
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.